As we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-let us take a look into the mindset of advancing the Gospel locally and globally.
When we as sheep gather and grow we can adopt a mindset to grow as people who are disciple-making disciples of Christ.
In order to humble ourselves we should take a few intentional transitional steps:
1. From running programs to building people
2. From running events to training people
3. From using people to growing people
4. From filling gaps to training new workers
5. From solving problems to helping people make progress
6. From clinging to ordained ministry to developing team leadership
7. From focusing on church polity to forging ministry partnerships
8. From relying on training institutions to establishing local training
9. From focusing on immediate pressures to aiming for long-term expansion
10. From engaging in management to engaging in ministry
11. From seeking church growth to desiring gospel growth
It is true that it’s Christ’s Church and He is the one who builds it and it is also true He blesses us with the opportunity to partner with Him in so doing!
For further information and resources see: The Trellis and The Vine By Collin Marshall and Tony Payne